Most of peoples are using pen drive for data transferring. So that peoples are keeping important data in their pen drive.In by chance, if you lost your pen drive, your private data will be lose or publish.
Here I would like to explain how to protect your pen drive with password without any software. And also you can encrypt your pen drive data. So if pen drive receiver plug in your pen drive with another OS like Linux, he cannot get your data, because your data is encrypted. Only possible way to get data is unlocking pen drive with your password. That is impossible without you.That is your data is fully protected.
Now let us see how to lock your pen drive with encryption using your windows.
Using this trick, you can also protect your hard disc drives.
- Plug in your Pen drive to computer.
- Open Control Panel (Start => Control Panel)
- Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- You can find your pen drive from driver's list. Then click on 'Turn On Bitlocker'.
- From given window, Tick on "Use a password to unlock the drive". Then type and confirm Password. Then click on "Next".
- In this step, you have to save or print your 'Recovery key'. It will help you to recover your password if your forget.
- After successful save, click on 'Next' button.
- Are you ready to encrypt this drive with password.?? Then click on 'Start Encrypting'.
- Wait some time until encryption complete.
- Now your pen drive is protected by encryption with password. If you re-plug in your pen drive, system will ask you password.
- Also your pen drive icon must be changed :
- By typing your correct password, you can enter to you pen drive data.
If you want to remove password and encryption.. Just open "Control Panel" and select "Bitlocker Drive encryption".
- Click on "Turn Off Bitlocker.