In some case wamp server is in online stage, but you cant use you system has a local host(ie your wamps server is inactive).So we cannot run PHP files. Now let us try to make wamp server (active) by some simple steps.
- Just Exit your Wamp Server.
- Uninstall Your Wamp Server.
- Also delete folder; C:\wamp (If any files in C:\wamp\www, back up)
- Check this file 'hosts' (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) is accessible.
- Open file 'hosts' with notepad , check whether there is a line like "# 127.0.0.1 localhost" or not. If it is not exist, write this line.
- Disable your antivirus software temporary (Especially 'Avira').
- Re install Wamp Server.
- Open Wamp Server.
- Check whether your Wamp Server is active or not. ( look in system tray for color of icon of wamp server). If your wamp server is still inactive..
- Click on icon of WampServer in system tray. From menu, select =>Apache=>Services=Test Post 80.
- If you get a message of usage port 80, you have to close that working internet software like Skype, anti viruses,PHPeasy etc
- If you get a message like this: "Your port 80 is not actually used", That is your port 80 is not using by any program. Post 80 needed to use WampServer. Now you are in correct way..
- Now, go to WampServer icon=>Apache=>Service =>Install Service.
- Now you will get a message like this: "Your port 80 is available, install will proceed. Press Enter to continue.. " . Just press Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now again go to Wamp server icon=>Apache=>Service =>Start/Resume Service.
- Now your Wamp Server is active. Wamp Server icon's color changed Red to Orange.(Actual color of online is Green.but now you can use your Wamp Server)
- Now your can open your 'local host'
- Localhost opened in Firefox..
Solve WampServer could not execute menu item error (internal error) or The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 0 (EParseError)
These are other Wampserver errors while turn Wampserver to online.
These are errors with heading as "Aestan Tray Menu"
Could not execute menu item (internal error)
[Exception] Could not perform service action:
The service has not been started
The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 0:
[EParseError] NO tray icon was specified. Please assign a tray icon by
using one of the TrayIcon* directives in the [Config] section
This is due to WampServer services could not been started . And it is very simple fix this error.
Just uninstall your WampServer and re-install with original and new setup.
- If you are facing a WampServer error as: 'Forbidden You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server', then solve here.