www.ceo.kerala.gov.in: Update Voter ID Card Details like Photo
This post contains step by step description about registering a new name in Kerala election Voter list
As a citizen of India, Voter ID card is a very important identity. Indians usually use Voter ID card for:
- To Vote in election
- To prove Indian citizenship
- As an identity proof for getting SIM card, Bank Account, Licence etc
Change Details in Voter ID CardNow government allows everyone update their identity card with updated details until 2015 April 15. You can change or update your Name, Name of father, Name of street, Address, House Number, Ward number etc. Also you may add every detail in our mother tongue Malayalam.
Make Your Identity Card as ATM ModelOur current identity card is a laminated black and white paper. If it fell in water, that may bad quickly, then you have to laminate again. Now if you update your card, you will get an ATM card styled Voter Id card..!! That is long lasting without any problem.
Change Identity Card Photo to Coloured OneOur current ID card photo is black and white, and that is captured by someone who might not have a photography skill. Now government allows you to update your photo with a color photo.
How to Update Identity Card Details
These are the steps to update every detail in your identity card. Before updating your details, you should keep following details:
- Your existing Voter ID card
- Adhaar Card Number
- Your recent passport sized color photo with white or light colored background.
- Mobile phone; to receive a OTP code to validate your mobile number.
Open this site: www.ceo.kerala.gov.in and open the link (see the picture).
After reading instructions, proceed to next step
- Here you need to fill some details. Type your voter id number in ‘Elector ID Card Number’ field. You may find your ID number on both side of your card.
- Now fill your ‘Aadhaar Number'. Then fill your name as in Aadhaar card.
- And type your mobile number.(You will get SMS to this number)
- Now type the number that you shown in the image.
- Now go to ‘Next’ step.
Shortly your mobile will receive an SMS with a unique OTP code. Type it on the box and go Next.
Now you will get current details of your Voter ID card. To make corrections, proceed with ‘Make corrections’ button.
- In this new windows, select your current residence district. If you have correction in date of birth, correct them.
- If you are a non resistant Indian or working out of Kerala(migrant), then select ‘yes’. If not, choose 'No'.
- Proceed to next step.
To change details, select second option and proceed to next step.
Now you will get your image had uploaded. You may crop it by dragging mouse. Proceed to next step.
Here you can edit all your data in both English and Malayalam such as Name, name of father, address, ward number, Place, Pin code, email, phone number, etc. After correcting and entering correct details, type the number on box that shown in the image.
- Read and confirm the Affidavit.
- Now press ‘Proceed’ button and complete the updating process.
Now you can see an updated model of your new ID card. If you don't want make further corrections, then 'Save Application'
Next, you will get detail of your BLO who visit your location to confirm your entered details. You have to handover necessary document to prove your claims.
You may keep the details of your BLO for further contact with him by printing the form.
You have done all the steps.. Enjoy with new stylish voter ID card…